Today Howard was cross and he went away and came back again with a big bag of mixed cakes. He got them from the cake shop. In the bag there were a lot of different cakes. I am going to write a review about the bag of mixed cakes.
1. There was a thing called a carrot cake but it wasn’t orange like a carrot, it was brown like a cake, but it did have bits of dark orange stuff in, which could have been carrot, but it didn’t taste of carrot, it tasted of cake. It had soft icing on top and a carrot on top of that, but it wasn’t a real carrot, it was a model of a carrot. It didn’t taste like a carrot, it tasted like a sweet, but not quite as nice. Ortrud liked this cake and I had some of it too.
2. And there was a piece of chocolate cake, which was very dark brown. Some chocolate cakes are paler brown. Some are almost black. This one was quite wet. Some chocolate cakes are quite dry. And it was very nice. All chocolate cakes are nice. I ate all of this cake apart from a small bit of it which Purvis took before I could stop him getting it.
3. And there was a jam doughnut. It didn’t have any nuts in it, it had jam in it. The jam was very nice. It was bright red. I like this kind of jam very much. It was much better than the usual jam we have, which is quite nice but there is more stuff in it and it is not as bright and not as sweet. This was more of a purer jam, and a very pretty colour. I don’t know why we can’t have this kind of jam more often, not just in the doughnut, as it would go very well on a lot of different things, like toast, or bread, or with other cakes, or just on a spoon. The doughnut was very nice and it would have been even nicer if there had been a little bit more of the jam.
4. And there was a thing called a slice of bread pudding. Howard said this counts as a cake. I liked this very much. It was a very solid thing, and quite wet. There were bits of fruit in it, and bits of sugar on it. I couldn’t find any bread.
5. And there was a thing called a macaroon. This was very nice. It was round and big and flat and chewy, which I wasn’t expecting. It would have been even nicer if we’d had some of that bright red jam to put all over it.
Love from Mickey Thompson x